Weight Loss

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I think I'm losing it


Or, to be more exact, 'things'.

I'm thinking we have pixies, or imps, or gremlins. Some sort of invisible being, of the mischievous faerie, that likes to torment me by taking my things.

It's driving me nuts.

Started back in late March/early April when my cell phone charger disappeared. One day it was plugged into the wall in my bedroom and the very next it was gone. And it has never shown up -- and believe me I've been through drawers, cupboards, boxes... And since my phone is different than DH's or the kids, they'd have no reason to 'borrow' it. So it's a mystery.

Then a few months ago I realized a book and card set was missing. Again, I've looked everywhere, even cleaning out my bedroom closet and some storage cupboards, organizing in the process. I can't think of anywhere else to look. There are very few places where I would put a book -- anywhere in my bedroom, including my closet and the attached office, or in one of my tote bags. I've checked them all, multiple times.

Then tonight, I wanted to take a picture of the moon, but I don't have much luck when taking night time pictures. So I wanted to pull out my how to book for my camera and see what it had to say about low light/no light photos. But I can't find the book anywhere. Nor can I find any of the photography magazines I have either. Again, I'm the only one with this specific type of camera, the only one with access to the camera, so there is no reason anyone else would take the book and magazines. I've looked under the bed, through my closet, in the cupboards, in the office and I can't find it.

I'm irritated and frustrated. I can't afford to replace the books right now (damn mandatory unpaid furlough that has reduced my take home pay by 15%).

Friday when I'm home alone, I think I'll do some snooping in the kids rooms -- although, why they would take any of these things is beyond me...

Now, to push this issue out of my mind so I can get to sleep.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and yours much love, peace, and happiness!