Weight Loss

Monday, December 22, 2008

Tomorrow my boy turns 14. I can't believe he's that old (or that I'm this old LOL).

Last week, MC wanted to talk to us (DH and me) in private. It was so cute. He likes a girl, but he wanted our permission before he asked her to go steady. Is that just too sweet? He has paid attention all those times we've said x years old is too young, etc.

DH and I discussed it with each other, and with him. And we gave our approval. DH was a little weirded out by it -- in the culture in which he was raised, teens do not 'go steady', there is no dating, hand holding, etc. But I told DH that we were lucky MC wanted our permission. I know I never asked my parents if I could go steady and they only ever got to know boyfriends when I was old enough to actually go out on dates.

We'll see what happens. I know he's liked this girl for some time and has spent time with her when large groups of friends get together. This just makes it official that they are a couple and takes her off the market :)

Of course, MC doesn't want us telling his sisters... doesn't want them to tease him. Yeah, right, that's what siblings do. Oh, the fun to be had... :D

4 comments:

lalana said...

Wow Robin... you did good. I wish my son would come to us with something like that. He shares a lot with us, but the whole girls thing... not so much.

It's amazing to realize they're not babies anymore, isn't it?

Robin said...

I think I'm pretty lucky. DH is always saying OC is the most like me, and she is, alot, but MC and I have a special connection. He gets my weird humor and I get his; we like the same sorts of books, movies and TV shows; and he gets chocolate cravings too. And he is very comfortable talking with me about 'mature' and 'adult' subjects -- he'd avoid his dad completely if I let him.
MC has completely changed from boy to young man this year. It's been amazing watching the transformation, particularly in the last 6 months. Can't wait to see what next year brings.
Robin

Constance said...

Robin,
That is really cute. I hope they get along very well, and he has a good experience of his first love. These are the foundations on which relationships later on are built...

Robin said...

Hi Annie,
He's liked her for a long time. We haven't met her yet, but I'm hopeful he'll invite her over sometime.
They were at the same party for New Year's. I asked him if he kissed her, and after a little evasion, he admitted to it. I told him that was good, that your supposed to kiss your sweetheart at midnight. He just smiled.
My sweet boy *sigh*
Robin