Weight Loss

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Just for the record...

I hate squats. Really hate them.

With the new gym membership there was a free evaluation. During said evaluation, I was asked to do 2 sets of 15 squats, no weights. Had to work at it, but got them done, none the worse for wear -- or so I thought.

Tuesday I felt fine until late morning, when I started to feel some stiffness and soreness in my thighs. It got worse as the day went on, 'til it was painful to stand, walk, or lower myself to sitting (stairs and bathroom the worst).

And now it's Thursday, and while slightly better, I am still sore and walking with an odd gait.

So, I repeat, I HATE SQUATS!!!!

On the bright side, I have been getting to the gym, doing cardio only right now (gotta wait for the thighs to heal). An hour on the treadmill Thursday and Friday last week. Then Monday a half hour. Tuesday was end of month so I didn't leave work until almost 7 -- too late to hit the gym. And last night, pain and all, another hour on the treadmill. Walking actually helps with the stiffness and pain, and I don't feel like I overdid it. I started using a pedometer and my Polar fitness monitor yesterday. Almost hit 10,000 steps (9562) and kept my heart in the target range during the exercising.

Plan to go again today. I'm really trying hard to get my work schedule back under control. There is no way I can work the gym and family in together if I keep working long ridiculous hours at work.

I keep repeating to myself -- I can do this, I can do this...
:)

0 comments: