Weight Loss

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Positive comments


Today, at work, I had two people comment that I was looking good and had obviously lost some weight. One of these was a male co-worker with whom I really don't have conversations about anything not work-related, so it was especially surprising.

Now, I do weigh a few pounds less than a week ago, according to the scale, and I 'think' I can see physical changes in my appearance but am always worried that it's just wishful thinking. This is proof that the changes I'm making are working.

Of course, if you saw the previous post, I've only just restarted my weight loss efforts. What these first pounds off show me is that my body really doesn't like all the junky food and will respond positively and quickly when I make the appropriate changes. I'm sure this first little loss is more a loss of bloat than of fat, but I'll take whatever I can get and run with it.

I wish I was losing where I really want to. I've noticed that when I first start to lose weight, it's kinda from the outside in. I notice it first in my face/neck, hands, and feet. It seems to take forever before I see changes in the worst areas, and never seem to see any loss in my breasts (they get perkier but not smaller, and they are, in my opinion, way too big). I know it's a matter of perseverance and eventually my whole body while shrink, it can just be a little frustrating...

Gotta say the heart monitor helps. Nothing like an annoying beeping alarm to let you know you're heart rate is not high enough to make you work harder to make it stop.

We go on our vacation, another cruise, at the beginning of May. If I can keep with this I could conceivably weigh 30 lbs less than I do now (16 weeks x approx 2 lbs/week) and that's a huge deal; about a third of how much I ultimately need to lose. I haven't been in my ideal weight range since high school, and a 30 pound loss would put me about where I was 13 years ago.

So, here's to hard work, determination, and perseverance. And people keeping the supportive comments coming.

0 comments: